Re: Debian Japanese (was: RH 6.2 install causes screen to explode)

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 05:09:29PM +0900, John De Hoog wrote:
> Earlier when someone else (Simon?) was boostering Debian I asked how
> easy  it was to set up Japanese support, and got no answer.

Basically:
    apt-get install task-japanese

If you need anything more complex, install language-env or user-ja
and they'll configure everything for you.

If you need anything more complex than that, put this lot in your
/etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://ftp.jp.debian.org/debian-jp potato-jp main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.jp.debian.org/debian dists/potato-proposed-updates/
deb http://ftp.jp.debian.org/debian-jp dists/potato-jp-proposed-updates/

and re-update. You'll have a huge bunch of Japanese packages to play
with.

--
"Anyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of
course, living in a state of sin."