Re: Localhost connection refused

on 16:09 2001/07/08 +0900, John De Hoog wrote

>bash: ipchains: command not found
>
>Please be patient with me; I'm pushing 60 and am doing my darndest to get
>on top of this Linux thing, but some things seem much harder than they
>should be.

Are you running this as root?  If you log on as user, then do an su to
root, it won't find the command.  Even if you do an su to root's directory,
(this is assuming you're running ipchains and not iptables--though if you
were running tables it would probably just say ipchains--not compatible
with this kernel) it doesn't look in sbin.
The way around this is to type, once you switch to root,
PATH=$PATH:/sbin
If you first log on as root, however, it should find it without having to
do that.

Scott