Re: Localhost connection refused

on 15:39 2001/07/08 +0900, Glenn Evanish wrote

>My question boils down to this.  Security is all well and good, but it would
>be nice to see things work first and then put my #'s in and change my S's to
>s's to tighten it.  What else might it be in RH 7.1 that forbids stuff that
>Man7.1 allows?
>
>Also, how does one now stop and start telnet, pop3, etc if not in
>inetd.conf?  Anyone got a good URL to share?

I'm going to modestly recommend mine  :)
Seriously, as the page begins, it's one of those things that takes three
minutes when you know how, but searching for how to do it is aggravating.
http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/telnet.html

There's a few things you have to do for telnet, ssh, etc.

Scott