Re: Localhost connection refused

on 19:32 2001/07/08 +0900, Shimpei Yamashita wrote
> > [
>That means that /sbin is not in your path. If you find yourself needing
>programs in /sbin on a regular basis, edit your .bashrc and add it to the list
>of paths. In the meantime, you can run it by typing the full path name:
>/sbin/ipchains
>or type the relative path:
>./ipchains

This is another annoying change in RH 7.1 .  The path for both root and
general users are in .bash_profile, not .bashrc.
Of course, it was worse for me when I first tried Slack--had to search for
10 minutes on deja to find out where the PATH was.  :) (it's in
/etc/profiles if anyone's curious)
Scott