Re: HELP !!

Hi Jennifer,

>Hi, My name is jennifer from venezuela(living in Tokyo), Im new to tlug and
>totally new to Linux and Unix.
>I hear about Linux through a magazine and fall in love with the idea, I need
>some advice on how to get started. my knowledge is nothing more than send an
>emain from internet explorer... I'd like to know about some very, very,
>basic on-line tutorial to Linux (I guess, maybe I need to start from unix)...
>BTW, What is a kernel?
>Sorry my terrible english,
>
>Regars,
>Jenny.

I have a great CD for you to experience Linux.  This came with a magazine
called Linux Format (Issue 13 April 2001) published in the UK. Just put it
in ur Windows machine and reboot it! Hoolaaa! Your PC should start from the
CD and it's Linux! SO you can skip the heardest time in installing Linux to
try it.

If you want it, you have three options:
1 get the magazine somehow
2 ask me to burn it for you (I don't think it is illegal)
3 meet me at nomikai this Friday

By the way, I'm also pretty new to this mailing list and linux in general.
I hope this helps.

cheers
--
BABA Yoshihiko, BSc MPhil