Re: HELP !!

At 08:31 01/06/13 +0200, you wrote:
>some advice on how to get started. my knowledge is nothing more than send an
>emain from internet explorer... I'd like to know about some very, very,
>basic on-line tutorial to Linux (I guess, maybe I need to start from unix)...

Welcome to the club. So, probably start from....
http://www.ssc.com/mirrors/LDP/LDP/gs/gs.html

and then, look around for something that suits you around

http://www.ssc.com/mirrors/LDP/guides.html

And then, you should get your hands on the real thing.

>BTW, What is a kernel?

Oh, you have a long way to go. Think of it as the engine of an operating
system.
You can't do much if you ONLY have the engine, you have to surround it with
a lot of
other components to have a usable car, but the engine defines the performance
of a car in many ways.  Same with kernels.  That's about all you need to know for
now.

Good luck.

Best,