Filtering 25 [was Re: Cisco 2611 as a firewall?]

On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 08:18:01PM +0900, Jonathan Q wrote:
> Thomas O'Dowd (tom@example.com) wrote:
>
> > Hmmm. Actually, I like to run my own mailserver on my home machine and
> > let that do all the work for me. I'm not talking about relaying
>
> And your objection to using your ISP's SMTP as a smarthost is?

Sheer blissful ignorance :)

Thanks for pointing it out. I'll check it out to see how it works.

I won't mention it also being handy for me also to monitor my company's
internet servers from home as an extra measure and check ports and
debug stuff. I still think filtering is too obrusive for what I want to
do but I guess I'm not Joe Average User. Sure we have other monitoring
but I like to run my own stuff too. My connection is always up.

Tom.
--
Thomas O'Dowd. - Nooping - http://nooper.com
tom@example.com - Testing - http://nooper.co.jp/labs