Cisco 2611 as a firewall?

A friend of mine who's running an ISP wants me to come over
and configure his Cisco 2611 router he just got as the primary
link to his backbone.

For security I'm going to block basically all incoming port beside the
he needs for the services he running locally. These are DNS, POP3,
SMTP(not sure we wants to allow), Web, and SSH. Outgoing port wouldn't
have to be blocked I believe.

I also have to worry about having it connected to the backbone,
which is done via a nailed T1 WAN link.

I have little to no experience with Cisco routers, so where do I start,
how can I accomplish all this and what do I have to be careful about?

SVEN