Re: Linux with Windows2000

Liton replied to me:

> > Then you do need to run linuxconf and edit the boot configuration for
> > booting your Linux kernel.  Put the parameter "ide2=0x180,0x386" in
> > the box for kernel parameters or boot parameter.
>
> You know I'm very new to Linux and I could hardly find linuxconf and I
> couldn't figure out where to put "ide2=0x180,0x386". If you have the
> time PLEASE send me an easy explanation how to do this. Thanks.

I don't have the exact location memorized either, and had to go login to a
Linux console in order to find this now.  Furthermore, I'm not going to test
changes to this now on a running machine.  (Even though it's a test machine,
it's running for different tests).

From gnome's footprint, go to プログラムーシステムーLinuxConf.  At the
bottom is boot mode.  Open up "boot mode", open up "Lilo", and click on
"Configure LILO defaults (Linux boot load".  Yup, it's really helpful of
those designers to truncate text instead of putting in scroll bars.  Anyway,
then go to the right-hand portion of this window, and click on "Extra
options".  I think you need to type the parameters into the box for "Boot
options", then accept and let it make the changes -- but as mentioned above,
I'm not going to do that much testing at the moment, on the machine where I
looked for this, sorry.