ipfw rules for a firewall?

I've just set up FreeBSD on a laptop (I would have gone with Linux but this
is an NEC PC98 laptop and I couldn't find a Linux distro that would
install).

I'll be using the laptop as a firewall for my home network. However I'm
having trouble with setting up rules for the ipfw. Firstly I'm just learning
how to set rules and secondly I have no idea what good rules owuld be.

Does anyone know of a good ressource on the web I can use in helping
understand ipfw and even more importanly how to come up with rules that will
make my firewall as secure as possible (keeping in mind my internet needs of
course :)?

Jc