Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
ipfw rules for a firewall?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: ipfw rules for a firewall?
- From: "Jean-Christian Imbeault" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 03:13:00 -0000
- Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-From: email@example.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <jUnxyB.A.EfH.FDk56@example.com>
- Resent-Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
I've just set up FreeBSD on a laptop (I would have gone with Linux but this is an NEC PC98 laptop and I couldn't find a Linux distro that would install). I'll be using the laptop as a firewall for my home network. However I'm having trouble with setting up rules for the ipfw. Firstly I'm just learning how to set rules and secondly I have no idea what good rules owuld be. Does anyone know of a good ressource on the web I can use in helping understand ipfw and even more importanly how to come up with rules that will make my firewall as secure as possible (keeping in mind my internet needs of course :)? Jc _________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: Setting Deafult Font Size in X
- Next by Date: Re: Setting Deafult Font Size in X
- Prev by thread: Debian PowerPC w/NEC Aterm IT42 w/Flets ISDN
- Next by thread: Re: ipfw rules for a firewall?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links