Re: ATOK messed up after XF86-4.0.2 upgrade

Christopher SEKIYA wrote:-

> <rant>
>
> glibc is _way_ too dependent on egcs/binutils snapshots.  glibc is starting
> to remind me of HJ's libc.  That's something that I _never_ thought I would
> say.
>
> </rant>

Not to mention being incestuous with undocumented features of GCC.
It's way too macro-ized for my liking as well.  Damn near everything is a
macro, as an "optimisation".  Except that the macros are an unmaintainable
mess, and have bugs, and appear to pessimize the code that GCC creates
rather than optimize it...

With -O1 or higher, all the string functions become some godawful
1000-or-so token macro expansion.  If you have string functions nested
within string functions, you can easily get one line of C code expand into
millions of tokens (this happens for one line in GCC, in intl/dcgettext.c,
which has stpcpy 4 levels deep).  It's a bit out of control; IMO they
should concentrate on a nice tight libc like those in *BSD.

Neil.