Re: ATOK messed up after XF86-4.0.2 upgrade

On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 11:17:43AM +0900, Thomas O'Dowd wrote:

> kinput2 Works fine for me. I built my own X though. I'm using 4.0.1. It
> has been a while since I setup 4.0.1 but I don't remember doing any
> particular magic to get it to work.

<ObXF86DeveloperStatement>

I always build X from source.

</ObXF86DeveloperStatement>

The problem appears to be somewhere in the XOpenIM() -- it ignores the
XMODIFIERS setting if it doesn't match the current LOCALE setting, using
rules that may be discernable only to God.  It's wildly inconsistent, and I
suspect that it's been broken ever since we merged the Thai IM fixes.

<rant>

XIM is a horrible, horrible hack.  It tries to be all things to all people,
and we know how well such things work.

</rant>

-- Chris