Re: Tiresome not-even-newbie question

>>>>> "cs" == Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@example.com> writes:

    cs> On Mon, Feb 26, 2001 at 06:13:43PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull
    cs> wrote:
    >> ATI Rage Mobility LM, 4MB.

    cs> That works in 4.0.2.  My laptop has a LT, same driver, rock
    cs> solid.

It's looking a lot better now.  Debian lossage, of course.  Had to get
rid of the xf86config (why, oh, why, do they shoot themselves in both
feet that way? it was bad enough for xf86-3, but the xf86-4 version
looks so bad compared to XFree86 -configure it's sad).

    cs> Hmmm.  The ati driver in 4.0.2 should be deriving the timing
    cs> from the DDC info supplied by the panel.  Sounds like your
    cs> config file is overriding the timings.  Blow away all
    cs> ModeLines and try again ...

Bzzt.  Modelines already blown.

Well, at least I haven't sent the reply card yet, I can ream them out.
Keyboard BIOS, APM BIOS, maybe USB, panel timings so far hosed.
What's next?

    >> What do you need to get XF86 4.x on NetBSD?

    cs> The source code ;)

Oh, cool.  But what I meant was does this pcvt/wscons stuff make life
complicated?

    cs> The i81x series uses core for its video RAM.

Ouch.  Even the devil himself wouldn't touch that.  Must be something
Gates dreamed up.