Re: Three questions

Christopher Sekiya wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 03:38:26PM +0900, SN_Diamond wrote:
> > Although Americans complain about the abbreviation being an insult in
> > the US, obviously the Japanese government doesn't agree.
>
> At what point did the Japanese government become an authority on proper
> etiquette?

I think the Japanese government knows a bit more about Japanese etiquette
than Bennett-san (Bennett-sensei?) does.  The government is severely lacking
on certain other counts, but those are unrelated to this issue.

> > I request Bennett-san to respect non-US cultures such as TOKYO linux
> > users group and India etc., and not export his complaint from the US.
>
> Watch it.  Frank has been here ("here" meaning "in Japan") longer than
> just about anyone here.

The Japanese government has been here longer.

> You would do well to apologize to Frank.

Right, after figuring out that he has a Japanese mailing address, I
shouldn't complain that he is exporting his complaint from the US.  Instead,
I ask that he not IMPORT issues that weren't problems here.  We have enough
trouble with issues that already are problems here.

Yours sincerely,
Norman Diamond