Re: autologin

"Stephen J. Turnbull" wrote:

> Well, that's very bizarre.  WTF is autologin?  I don't seem to have a
> man page and it's not listed in Debian's package manager.

It's not listed in Debian's package manager, because there is none ;) RPM
only.

[boti@example.com autologin-1.0.0]$ cat README
Autologin 0.99.0
================
(c) 2000 Red Hat, Inc.
Written by Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <bero@example.com>

What is it?
Autologin is a tool that lets you bypass the login screens on a unix system.
It needs to be installed and configured by root (it is definitely not a
cracking tool ;) ).
Possible uses include providing a simple end-user system as well as creating
a one-purpose (e.g. web browsing) station that returns to where it's supposed

to be after a reboot or power outage without any intervention.

B0Ti.