Re: SuSE & Nihongo

"Michael Engel" <michael-engel@example.com> writes:

> I have heard a lot good comments about SuSE 7.0
> What's about it's Nihongo capability ?
> Thank you for your enlightenment.

There has been practically no support for Japanese in SuSE 7.0[1]

But SuSE 7.1, which is scheduled to be released in a few weeks,
will have quite a lot of support for Japanese. From the "nothing"
in SuSE 7.0 that is quite a big jump.

I don't know whether our support for Japanese will be able to compete
with other Distributions. But I hope that it is not altogether bad.

SuSE 7.1 will not be sold in Japan yet, mainly because we don't
have the manuals translated yet, so we can't make a box.

But it will be available via ftp.

If somebody from the TLUG list wants to try the Japanese version of
SuSE 7.1 and doesn't have the bandwith to download it from ftp,
please e-mail me and I'll try to send CDs.

        Mike

Footnotes:
[1]  I have rpms for some basic support of Japanese in SuSE 7.0
though. If somebody does not want to upgrade to 7.1 and
wants to have a few rpms for Japanese in SuSE 7.0, please e-mail me.

--
Mike Fabian   <mfabian@example.com>