Re: groups

    >> but again AFAIK the only way to find out what groups a user is
    >> a member of is to query /etc/group.  I assume that's what id(1)
    >> does,

    B0Ti> If this is the case then id should show the same group
    B0Ti> memberships after autologin as they are after a normal
    B0Ti> login, because I did not touch /etc/groups But it's not
    B0Ti> happening.

Well, that's very bizarre.  WTF is autologin?  I don't seem to have a
man page and it's not listed in Debian's package manager.