display of jp fonts bunged by installing atokx

Hello,

This is my first post.  Hope someone can help.

I'm using RedHat 7J, and had it all working quite nicely until I decided
to install AtokX (commercial version), against the better advice of
Justsystem .  As soon as I installed it, I lost my Japanese font display
in Gnome, and other apps (gjiten, etc.) display garbage, or just empty
spaces instead of Japanese.
:'(

More specifically, I get the following error from gjiten:

        gdk-warning **:  missing charsets in fontset creation

Any help would be VERY appreciated!

Have a Happy New Year, everyone!!!

                                      Chris