Re: Column layout in TeX

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Ulrik wrote:

> For Martin's problem: have you looked at the graphix package? I know you can
> place a table next to a figure, so...
>

> > |  title                               |
> > +--------------------------------------+
> > |                          |           |
> > |        figure            |           |
> > |                          |  text     |
> > +--------------------------+           |
> > |            |             |           |
> > |            |    text     |           |
> > |   text     |             |   text    |
> > |            |    text     |           |
> > |   text     |             |           |
> > |            |             |           |
> > +------------+-------------+-----------+

the point is, that this is not a table; those three text columns is one
field; that is, i want to write one long { blah blah blah blah blah}
and i want tex to typeset it into the first column and when it's filled up
then into the second and then into the third; perhaps my "ascii drawing"
is misleading, but i meant it like this;

> > |  title                               |
> > +--------------------------------------+
> > |                          |           |
> > |        figure            |           |
> > |                          |  text     |
> > |            |    text     |           |
> > |   text     |             |   text    |
> > |            |    text     |           |
> > |   text     |             |           |

greetings from

		martin