Re: Metallic DSL in Tokyo

Hi, Actually this is my first time to post e-mail here

>Tod McQuillin (devin@example.com) wrote:
>
>>  Apparently they used to be NATted (private IP) but now they are not
>>  (global IP) -- the press release is
>>  here: http://www.metallic.co.jp/topi/20001019.html
>
>My Japanese reading ability isn't what it once was, so I'm
>not sure if they mean the DSL modem/router was changed to a global
>IP, or the boxes connected to it also where given global IPs.
>Do you know?

   My Japanese reading ablility is OK, but writing in English is not so..

   Anyway, according to this press release, this means that the DSL
modem/router has global IP, and the boxes connected to it will have private
IPs. (I am not sure for later part, but it is usual.)

   As for making server,
http://www.metallic.co.jp/faq/dsl.html#2

   will give the answer. But the problem is only because the IP is
dynamically allocated. So if you have some quick hack on cron and report
the IP address pereodically by e-mail, I think you can use it at least as
private server.

$B5H@example.com!J$-$C$+$o!!$^$5$R$G!K(B kikkawa@example.com
                      $B")(B113-0033$B!!El5~ETJ85~6hK\6?(B7-3-1
$BEl5~Bg3X!!Bg3X1!0e3X7O8&5f2J!!:YK&@example.com*3X!&2rK63XBg9V:B(B
tel: 03-5841-3336 (dial-in)  fax: 03-5689-4856