Re: tlug: 2 questions

    Shimpei> On Thu, May 04, 2000 at 06:28:32PM +0900, Stephen
    Shimpei> J. Turnbull wrote:

    >> Which terminal emulator do you use?  (You are running under X,
    >> of course.)  I've heard that the rxvt family don't work well
    >> with kinput2.

    Shimpei> How does it not work well? It's working fine here under
    Shimpei> Kondara 1.1....

Pure hearsay (I've never seen much reason to use rxvt over color-xterm
or kterm, and never have gotten kanji working in an rxvt, not that
I've tried terribly hard); it's one thing to try (switching to a
different terminal emulator).

As for working well under Kondara ... IM-related stuff is among the
worst for portability.  Proves nothing, unless Hayakawa-san wants to
reinstall with Kondara.

Which might be worth doing, of course (not necessarily Kondara, just
any distribution with more Japanese stuff), since the distributions
generally do work out most of the configuration bugs.

Next Technical Meeting: May 13 (Sat) 13:30 Temple University Japan
* Topic: Crypto and Security	Speaker: Chris Sekiya
Next Nomikai Meeting: June 16 (Fri), Tengu TokyoEkiMae.