Re: tlug: Linux vs ASUS K7M / Athlon 550

On Mon, Feb 14, 2000 at 06:08:15PM -0800, Scott M. Stone wrote:

> anyway, I got the Asus K7M motherboard, which has an Ultra DMA/66 IDE
> controller on-board.  Is this going to fly with Linux or am I royally
> screwed?

A late-model 2.3 series kernel will work okay.  For 2.2, get the UDMA patch
(do a search on the linux-kernel archives) ... I'll guarantee that the on-board
controller isn't a Promise, and therefore won't be supported by my patch.

-- Chris
Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD