tlug: Linux vs ASUS K7M / Athlon 550

I just bought a nice new Athlon 550 system (yeah I bought parts and put it
together.  I don't even want to accept a free year of AOL, just on
principle's sake alone :) )...

anyway, I got the Asus K7M motherboard, which has an Ultra DMA/66 IDE
controller on-board.  Is this going to fly with Linux or am I royally
screwed?  I couldnt' find any K7 boards that *didn't* have a UDMA66
controller, so I'm assuming that SOME of them must work... I know that the
Promise board has problems, but is that a Promise-specific issue or is
that true for all UDMA66 stuff?

Other than that, I think I have fairly standard/compliant hardware ...
Realtek 8139B-based ethernet, Diamond MX300 sound (Aureal Vortex2), and an
ASUS V-6600 video board (nVidia GeForce 256, supported by XF86 3.3.5 I
think...?)

Scott M. Stone, CCNA <sstone@example.com>
UNIX Systems and Network Engineer
Taos - The SysAdmin Company

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD