tlug: Re: mysterious X core / namazu

> I also noticed something like the following error which
> appears when Linux boots:
>
> "remote filesystems.mount
> Port mapper failure
> RPC cannot send"

I'm assuming that the above message occurs because another
machine on the network has mounted a nfs file export on
this machine...and that it is nothing to worry about (?).

If I shutdown this machine after I have mounted nfs files
of another machine on it (the reverse of the above case),
I get:

Unmounting remote filesystems. cannot MOUNTPROG RPC:
RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: unable to send.

and, a few second later:

rpc.mountd forgot to set AF_INET in UDP sendmsg. Fix it!

I am assuming that this is also a result of shutting down
without unmounting the remote filesystems and is nothing
to worry about (?).

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD