tlug: re: namazu

Namazu.
I recompiled it, increasing the memory and file size options.
with 60M of ram and 100M of swap space, I still ran out of
memory when the program tried to index a 5M or even 4M file.
Using split, I broke down these larger data files into bites
of 2M or less. With smaller files, it seems that I will be
able to proceed within the memory limitations of this machine.
Still, this program grows to as large as 115M!
Timewise, it is taking much longer than glimpseindex.
It is still churning away, so I don't know yet, but I suspect
it will take at least twice as long to index the same amount
of data.

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD