RE: tlug: Japanese PDF file contents

I've made a lot of noise on the list getting to this point, but this message
will tie things off.  The file pdf2txt, available at

ftp://www.isl.intec.co.jp/pub/person/ishida/freeware/pdf2txt/

required the installation of half a dozen other Perl packages and
a compression library, but everything compiled and installed
without a hitch.  The utility correctly extracted the text from the
PDF I had from the Ministry of Justice site.  Hurray!

It outdid itself, in fact.  It apparently noticed that the text in the
PDF is vertical (which Acrobat sometimes forgets, in fact),
and put a hard return after every single character --- it comes out
as a single, long vertical string on the console.  Easily fixed...

Many thanks to everyone for their patience.  And Darren: this
one will do the trick for you!

Cheers,
Frank Bennett

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD