RE: tlug: mysterious X core / namazu

>I have been fiddling around with namazu and found that it doesn't
>want to index files that are larger than 5M (I have a few of those).
>Is there anyway to force it to index larger files without changing
>the file size limit in the source and recompiling?

The Namazu docs seem to say that you do need to recompile,
if I read this correctly.

*****

??????
Makefile ?????????????????????????????????
??????

?????????????????????/????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????
?????????

??????????????? Makefile ? OPT_ON_MEMORY_MAX ???????
? make ??????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????
?????????????? 5 MB ?????????????????????
???????

_Customization_
Refined stuff that you can't change by altering the Makefile has to be
changed by
editing the source code directly.

To make this easier, definitions of important variables and messages are
given at the top of the source.  Each definition is accompanied by a comment
explaining what it does, so go to town.  It's probably a good idea to keep a
copy of the original lying around close by, to avoid getting stuck if you
put a foot wrong.

You can increase the speed at which indexing takes place by increasing
the value of the variable OPT_ON_MEMORY_MAX and doing a make.
This value sets the aggregate size of files that can be juggled in memory
at one time, so if your machine has loadsa memory, you can gain by
increasing this value accordingly.  This source is set up to handle
5 megs of file in memory at once by default.

*****

The term "aggregate" (goukei) suggests that Namazu sucks up data
in file units.  I'm only inferring this, but it sounds as though file size
is
therefore limited by the amount of memory available for indexing.
That would be my take on it, anyway.

Cheers,
Frank B

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD