tlug: ppa

Mina-san,

I have a problem with mounting my zip drive, that is with the ppa module.
When I enter "insmod ppa" I get:

[root@example.com /root]# insmod ppa
/lib/modules/2.2.12-20/scsi/ppa.o:
unresolved symbol
parport_register_device_R9b846d61
/lib/modules/2.2.12-20/scsi/ppa.o:
unresolved symbol
parport_release_R93e35225
/lib/modules/2.2.12-20/scsi/ppa.o: unresolved
symbol parport_claim_R03289313
/lib/modules/2.2.12-20/scsi/ppa.o:
unresolved symbol
parport_unregister_device_Re6842bfb
/lib/modules/2.2.12-20/scsi/ppa.o:
unresolved symbol parport_enumerate_R6a5c148b

I was told by a friend (who is too busy at the moment to answer further
questions) to try "modprobe ppa" instead, but the result is:

[root@example.com /root]# modprobe ppa
/lib/modules/2.2.12-20/scsi/ppa.o:
init_module: Device or resource busy
parport: Device or resource busy

Does anyone have an idea what could be the problem?

The ZIP Drive Mini-HOWTO says something about configuring the kernel in
case the ppa program is not there, but as far as I can tell it is there,
just not working properly ... ???

Yoroshiku, Uli

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD