Re: tlug: OpenSSH

On  0, Christopher Sekiya <wileyc@example.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 08:03:05AM -0500, Subba Rao wrote:
>
> > I have downloaded OpenSSH and am trying to get it to work. The sshd is started in .xinitrc.
>
> Why isn't this started from an init script?  Starting it from .xinitrc makes
> no sense, especially if the user spawning X is not root.  If you're spawning
> X as root, you're asking for all sorts of trouble if your machine is
> connected to a network.

I am starting the sshd from the init scripts now.

My keys generated and root can start a SSH session from NT. Now, the other users
are not able to login. The following flag in /usr/local/etc/sshd_config has be set

AllowUsers user1 user2

These users are not able to login from NT. Their private keys have be available to
the SSH clients on NT. Any idea why this is happening?

Subba Rao
subb3@example.com
http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/

 => Time is relative. Here is a new way to look at time. <=
http://www.smcinnovations.com
Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD