Re: tlug: OpenSSH

On Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 08:03:05AM -0500, Subba Rao wrote:

> I have downloaded OpenSSH and am trying to get it to work. The sshd is started in .xinitrc.

Why isn't this started from an init script?  Starting it from .xinitrc makes
no sense, especially if the user spawning X is not root.  If you're spawning
X as root, you're asking for all sorts of trouble if your machine is
connected to a network.

-- Chris
Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD