Re: tlug: ppa

> I have a problem with mounting my zip drive, that is with the ppa module.
> When I enter "insmod ppa" I get:
> [root@example.com /root]# insmod ppa
> /lib/modules/2.2.12-20/scsi/ppa.o:
> unresolved symbol

> Does anyone have an idea what could be the problem?

try "depmod -a" first.

" Depmod creates a "Makefile"-like dependency file, based on the symbols it  finds
       in  the  set  of  modules mentioned on the command line (or in a default place).
       This dependency file can later be used by modprobe  to  automatically  load  the
       relevant module(s). "

It probably won't solve your problem, because most distros have this in one of the init scripts.

The problem might be that you've upgraded the kernel sources and didn't do a "make clean" before recompiling.
So go to the kernel src dir and "make clean; make bzImage; make modules; make modules_install; "
Then install the newly compiled kernel, run lilo, and reboot.
This should fix it.

good luck,
B0Ti

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD