tlug: Linux Problems

You know after reading several of your replies, I don't feel too bad.
You have to admit, several of the distributions have problems which
aren't within the kernel or other packages, it's due to the love of
money.  Example:  Why did RedHat rush to get 5.0 on the market when 4.2
was doing a great job...then they grab a few awards and get some write
ups in a few well known magazines, then we all find out they didn't even
release 5.0 with the updated kernel.  That came a couple of weeks later
via an email if you are on the list, stating that the "new" patched
kernel was available on their ftp site.

Oh well.  I've worked myself up enough now.  I have been extremely happy
with Linux over the last couple of years.  And, for the most part
everything I learned was immediately applicable on other Unix systems I
work with in the office.  But, lately I'm beginning to feel it's falling
short in some areas due to distributor greed.

Take it easy,

Blaine

--
Alan B. Stone
Yoshi.Island

Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691