tlug: apm and atx

Hi,
I really don't know about the atx spec.
But, it has apm bios. It can be turned off by windows as notebooks
can. Also I have seen Linux can turn off notebooks. So my question is
why Linux can't turn off atx based desktop pc featuring apm bios when
I do "shutdown -h now".

dmesg shows like this:

  >>  APM BIOS version 1.2 Flags 0x07 (Driver version 1.2)
  >>      Entry f000:804e cseg16 f000 dseg fdfc cseg len eff5, dseg len 0
  >>      Connection version 1.1
  >>      AC on line, battery status unknown, battery life unknown
  >>      battery flag 0x80, battery life unknown

Regards,
Kei.

Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691