tlug: scheme vs. guile

Hi,
I'm still playing around with guile.  The tutorial and the
reference are a bit light.  I've been using the scheme documentation,
but I was wondering if guile was different than scheme or not.

I'm about to go down to Akihabara and look for "Structure
and Interpretation of Computer Programs" by Abelson, Jay Sussman.

This is supposed to be one of the bibles of the LISP/Scheme
world.  It might even help me with my .emacs file.  ;-)

Guile is supposed to be an up and coming language for
ubiquitous extension/configuration files.  Since I'm already
battling with .emacs, I thought it might be handy to learn
it.  There are also quite a few nice modules for guile for
Posix calls and regex.

Does anyone have comments on guile and or scheme or the relationship
of guile and scheme?

-- Craig

----
temporary:  craigoda@example.com       http://tlug.pht.co.jp/~craig