tlug: [Q] majordomo approval commands

Hi,
I have a function turned on in majordomo that is parsing the
mail message intended for the list and looks for keywords such
as "subscribe"  and "unsubscribe."  If the mail message contains
this keyword, it is sent to tlug-owner for approval.   The reason
for this is to avoid posts to the list where people send
subscription or unsubscription commands to tlug@example.com
instead of majordomo@example.com

As the tlug-owner is an alias to my account, I can post the
message with the Approved: password   command and override the
parsing command.

Is there a common way I can do this so that the message appears
that it is from the original sender, and not from me?  I read
in the O'Reilly "Managing Internet and Information Systems" book
that I can create my own mail header and force sendmail to take
it instead of my mail header.  I tried it and it didn't work.  However,
maybe I did something wrong?

Regards,
Craig

----