Re: tlug: Introduction & question

Not sure about the FAT32 questions, but the  VAIO505 uses
NeoMagic graphics chips and I think you need the commercial accelerated
X in order to get over VGA 16 on Linux.

BTW, I want a VAIO  too.  It looks cool.  Not sure what I would do with
it, but it is sure thin.  :-)

 -- Craig

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998, Scott H. Perlman wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My name is Scott Perlman, Been living in Tokyo for about 6mos, and finally
> hope to get to the April meeting. (late of course ;-) )
>
> I just aquired a SONY VAIO505ex laptop,  I'm reluctant to reformat it to
> get a Linux partition, because my Japanese reading is not at the point
> where I'd really be comfortable re-installing my win95J partition. (Which
> I need)
>
> The version of win95J seems to be using the new FAT32 from win95 OSR2, so
> the fips from Slackware 3.4 won't touch it.
>
> Does anyone know of anything that will resize a FAT32 partition?
>
> I tried an english version of System Commander, and it couldn't handle it.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Scott
> --
> Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human.  At best
> he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe and
> not make messes in the house. -- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough for Love"
>  (Robert Heinlein)   me?: Scott H. perlman@example.com
> Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April Sat, Tokyo Station Yaesu gate 12:30
> Featuring Tague Griffith of Netscape i18n talking on source code
> a word from the sponsor:
> TWICS - Japan's First Public-Access Internet System
> www.twics.com  info@example.com  Tel:03-3351-5977  Fax:03-3353-6096

----
Personal: craigoda@example.com  http://tlug.pht.co.jp/~craigoda
soon to be:  craigoda@example.com