Re: [tlug] OT: Japans digitilization

On Tue, 6 Oct 2020 at 13:11, Stephen J. Turnbull <turnbull.stephen.fw@example.com> wrote:

Stimulate your imagination by reading my post again then.

Ditto.

There is a saying and it goes "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth".

Gift horses, especially from large corporations, come with strings attached.

If we don't like those strings attached, we ought to not accept the gift horse.

This is a universal truth. Yet, you chose to get all upset about it.

You pushed that button yourself. I didn't.

I didn't object to the random statement.  I objected, and still
object, to your insults and your arrogant suggestion that *I* should
do work that *you* think should be done.

I never said you "should" do anything.

Take your own advice and read my message again.

I wrote, you can/could always do the one thing (buy translation software),
or you can/could use open source software (which, alas, likely requires some
additional effort).

I don't have to explain the difference between could and should, do I?

As for your message and its interpretation, you did write verbatim
"Do you know who you are talking to?".

How is that not appeal to authority or akin to chest beating?

Likewise, I didn't insult you, but you responded with an insult.

How is the Trump reference not to be interpreted as an insult?

Yet there is nothing in my message that is insulting, well other than
calling Google mediocre, but that's not against you, unless you are Google,
which I know for certain you are not.

regards
benjamin

Home | Main Index | Thread Index