Re: [tlug] OT: Japans digitilization

Benjamin Kowarsch writes:

 > Simple sentences that you wouldn't need a translator for in the
 > first place to understand, right. But try anything that is only so
 > slightly more fukusatsu, and the mediocrity of Google becomes
 > apparent, just like their search.

You're welcome to your opinion, based on your experience and your
standards of mediocrity.  It simply is contradicted by my experience
in light of what I know my students' needs to be.

 > > Do you know who you are talking to?  You seem to be about as well-
 > > informed on my work on alternatives (or industry leaders for that
 > > matter) as Donald Trump is on anything.

 > Appeal to authority. A primary fallacy.

What appeal to authority?  The issue isn't that I know more than
anybody about anything, it's that you advise me to contribute to
alternatives, as if I haven't been doing exactly that for 30 years,
sometimes in major roles, sometimes in 3-line patches.

 > I could not give a flying flamingo about your authority nor am I
 > ever impressed by "I am the meanest gorilla in this jungle" chest
 > beating.

Boy, when you're mistaken, you sure know how to display it in public.

By the way, my preferred simile is the orca: intelligent, playful,
with big sharp teeth.  (My only regret is that I can't jump 3 times my
height out of the water.  That looks like so much fun!)

 > If you are indeed engaged in working on alternatives,

There you go again.  This one appears to be worse than mere ignorance
and arrogant presumption, it sure looks like a deliberate slight.

 > then I cannot see how you could possibly disagree with my
 > statement.

Stimulate your imagination by reading my post again then.  It's very
easy to disagree with your statement, and my reasons cannot be denied:
I have neither time for, nor interest in, contributing in the way you
propose.  I have my own agenda for contributing.

 > It seems to me you just wanted to slap somebody in the face and
 > you picked a random statement that you wouldn't have objected to
 > had you been in a better mood as a trigger to follow your urge.

I didn't object to the random statement.  I objected, and still
object, to your insults and your arrogant suggestion that *I* should
do work that *you* think should be done.

--
If I wanted to rest on my authority, I'd put my fucking degrees here.
Also my academic ones.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index