Re: [tlug] Firefox dead, can't reinstall

On 2017-11-16 16:33 +0900 (Thu), Brian Chandler wrote:

> ...tried apt-get update, which listed masses of locations, quite a
> few "can't access", then apt-get install firefox, but in the end
> this all failed. The problem seems to be that it cannot access
> security.ubuntu.com.

This is nothing to do with Firefox and entirely to do with the Ubuntu
packaging system. This will happen with any package you try to install
or update, or at least those that need things from certain repos.

You definitely don't want to disable the security systems producing
these messages since this is Linux's main anti-malware protection.

I've seen this from time to time and I'm trying to recall how I dealt
with it, but I think it may have been connectivity or server problems
that just went away after a day or so. Are you still experiencing the
problem? Can you move the computer to another Internet connection and
try the update?

cjs
--
Curt J. Sampson      <cjs@example.com>      +81 90 7737 2974