Re: [tlug] Firefox dead, can't reinstall

> On a neighbouring computer, Firefox has sort of died, so I tried
> reinstalling it. The synaptic package manager thingy said "[something]
> Cannot be authenticated", and when I persisted, just failed anyway.

What version of Ubuntu?

(Everything else works, chrome, email, ssh, etc.?)

It'd be good to see the apt-get update output from the machine that
doesn't work.

If your version of Ubuntu is nearing end of life, consider deleting it
and do a clean install of 16.04.3 LTS. (Or apt-get dist-upgrade if you
want to try and do it incrementally.)

Darren