Re: [tlug] Google Apps for Work

On 12 May 2016 at 10:52, Benjamin Kowarsch <trijezdci@example.com> wrote:

> Imagine you are doing a major piece of work that will require several weeks
> of effort before it is in a state where it can be tested. You still want to
> be able to commit while you are doing this work, even if you cannot really
> test it yet.

That situation itself is serious architectural smell. If you cannot
refactor by making small, local changes and propagating those
outwards, you may have bigger problems that revision control.

Of course there are legacy systems and so on where you have no control
over this stuff, so don't read this as a personal criticism, just an
observation based on lessons learned from many mistakes that I've made
over the years. :)

Cheers,
Josh