Re: [tlug] Google Apps for Work

On 2016-05-12 08:05 +0200 (Thu), Christian Horn wrote:

> I just imagined someone running automated build and functionality
> tests upon each commit.

By that point it's too late. I strongly disapprove of people who commit
(or, at any rate, push commits) without having done appropriate testing
first.

Of course, given the mysterious enthusaism of some developers for
setting up systems that take a half hour or more to build and test what
could be done in a few minutes, it's not unusual for people to just
give up on testing their code before committing it. Or maybe they just
really, really like spending their time setting up Jenkins and the like
rather than programming.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson         <cjs@example.com>         +81 90 7737 2974