Re: [tlug] Google Apps for Work

On 2016-05-12 05:45 +0200 (Thu), Christian Horn wrote:

> I can also imagine this less for sourcecode editing.
> Yet in a distributed team, when you are discussing an issue
> in a phone conference, beeing able to commonly modify a text-
> file at the same time is quite valuable.

It's also valuable to be able to compile the file and both see the error
messages, run your tests and see the results, and so on. Gnu screen
handles all of this and more very nicely, and it's my primary tool for
remote pair programming. (Of course, you do have to be using an editor
that works in a terminal window, but both emacs and vim not only do this
but are considerably more powerful than GUI editors like TextMate that
some developers mysteriously seem to prefer.)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson         <cjs@example.com>         +81 90 7737 2974

To iterate is human, to recurse divine.