Re: [tlug] Install languages

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 03:43:09PM +0900, Thomas wrote:
> Good afternoon
> Yesterday night I erased everything and replaced kubuntu with Mint 17.2;
> clean install.
> Went basically well, installed a number of applications,
> including ibus, the ibus-mozc engine and a German keyboard.
> The install comes with 20 something languages, most of which I do not
> need. So I removed them.
> Newly installed German.

I much prefer fcitx on Mint (as well as others--for what it is worth, I
believe Ubuntu and its offshoots have dropped ibus, in part because it's
become problematic.

I have fairly detailed instructions for Japanese (with fcitx) on Mint 17.1
and 17. at http://srobb.net/jpninpt.html#Mint

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6