Re: [tlug] What is the Sysadmin pager these days?

On 23 February 2014 12:33, Benjamin Tayehanpour <benjamin@example.com> wrote:

> On 22 February 2014 09:18, Raymond Wan <rwan.kyoto@example.com> wrote:
>> Many parts of the world may not be as bad as my comment implied; but
>> there is still a noticeable difference between places like Japan and
>> most places in the world...
>
> (I apologise for taking a somewhat aggressive stance on what may
> appear to be such a small and inconsequential point, but one of my pet
> hates happen to be unsupported claims bordering on the hyperbolic.
> Especially since people in general tend not to put any effort towards
> source criticism before letting new data influence their personal
> stances.)

I see your point, of course, but generally agree with Raymond, based
on a survey of fine cities such as NYC, Columbus, Washington DC,
Atlanta, San Francisco, Chicago, Omaha, Dublin, London, Cork,
Limerick, Belfast, Sofia, Amsterdam, Malaga, and even the very in
ordnung Munich and Stockholm. Tokyo is absurdly clean for a city of
its size; actually, it is an absurdly clean city full stop. :)

So I think what I'm saying is that you're both right, and what a
brilliant contribution to the discussion this email has been... ;)

Cheers,
Josh

PS: Benjamin, we really need to get together and check out some
Rikstelefonen soon! :)