Re: [tlug] Japan to Tax E-Content

On 01/15/2014 08:36 PM, Darren Cook wrote:
There has been one Kindle book I couldn't buy (from U.S. Amazon) as the
publisher hadn't enabled it for Japan. My Japanese address is tied to
the credit card I use, and my kindle is tied to my account, so it wasn't
even possible to "deliver it to a friend".

I.e. I am much more resident-in-Japan than just my IP address.

Darren
There is a fix for that. Ask the Kindle help desk -- in English. You can set up your Kindle account to find books that are only listed on amazon.com and get the payment handled in yen by amazon.co.jp. I have purchased a couple of travel books and the Project Syndicate annual edition, which are not available on amazon.co.jp using that system. If that is too obtuse, let me know and I'll walk through what I asked -- and who -- to get the desired result.

--
CL