Re: [tlug] Japan to Tax E-Content

Ray,

>Well, if all that sounds appealing to you then you are in the wrong
> country.  Get out of Japan and come to Hong Kong.  :-)

I agree that there are few countries left (if any..) that actual have a truly free market system.

However, making something that is broken and inefficient look cheap to the general public by subsiding it by an
indebted system doesn’t make it cheap for society overall. Someone pays in the end.
Abe is trying to make us pay through inflation (read tax)

Japanese taxes and prices are both going to go up rapidly in the coming years.
No matter which “economist” tells us that’s a good thing, I don’t buy it!

There are many examples where private health is much cheaper (especially if
you include the amount the company forks out on your behalf instead of giving it you in wages,
and then theres the $80k per person in national debt each). I have heard in the US
that people are opting out of Obamacare, and paying $50 a month for unlimited doctor visits.
I think more and more will start dropping out of the broken system in Japan too.
Unfortunately I run a company and have kids in Japan and a wife that wouldn’t hear of it, so I can’t yet :-(

Anyway, very off topic for a Linux group :-) But all doctors, hospitals and government bodies should be using the cloud
to save some of our tax yen!

Jason