Re: [tlug] Japanese Input - Kubuntu 12.04 LTS

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 02:51:09PM +0900, Lyle H Saxon wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 1:19 PM, Jim Breen <jimbreen@example.com> wrote:
> > I've installed Ubuntu several times using an English language install, and
> > adding Japanese later. It's never been a problem and I've got Japanese
> > input working every time.
>
> Very cool!  Any details on the steps taken?

My own, by now very dated page, at
http://home.roadrunner.com/~computertaijutsu/jpninpt.html goes through the
following--done on Lubuntu, but might be close enough.

>From the start button, go to preferences, then language support.  There
should be an option to add and remove languages.  Select Japanese and click
apply, and it will then hopefully download the necessary pacakges.

After that, you should be able to run ibus-setup, and Japanese should be
available.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6