Re: [tlug] Sounds of Silence

On 07/31/2013 02:36 AM, Benjamin Tayehanpour wrote:
Based on what you have said, I see two possible causes:

1) The webcam has a microphone, thus sound capabilities, thus might
have taken precedence over your regular sound card (unlikely, but
possible)
2) The applications with no sound are using ALSA/OSS instead of
PulseAudio, and for some reason this fails.

Thanks. Everything seems to be happily (?) PulseAudio. The webcam mike is "seen" by Kmix and the CM108 device (headphones + boom mike) isn't. Switching to pavucontrol (see my reply to Christian) fixed that.

--
CL