Re: [tlug] Sounds of Silence -- ERRATA

On 07/31/2013 03:27 AM, Christian Horn wrote:
On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 07:36:18PM +0200, Benjamin Tayehanpour wrote:

and then CL got some parts of his reply Completely Wrong (tm).  What he meant to write was:

I am able to assign specific hardware to specific programs in WIN XP.  Kubuntu seems to lack the ability to identify hardware items that can be captured and piped to a specific location for the exclusive use of a particular piece of hardware.  I am looking for some fix that will allow direct identification of individual hardware, but I haven't found any driver that causes the headset to pop up separately from PulseAudio, which only seems to have a single config set of options -- e.g. either I get my Skype from the speakers or I get my steaming audio from the headset ... but not both.